Saturday, February 8, 2014

新年快乐 (Xin Nian Kuai Le)

Xin Nian Kuai Le! Happy Chinese New Year!
Ok ok. I know this post is waaaay overdue. haha. But.. like they say, better late than never right? ;p

To celebrate Chinese New Year, my family went to the oldest chinatown in the world, Binondo. It was established on 1594. Ain't that awesome?

Unfortunately for us, the weather became awful the day we came. I wasn't able to take as much photos as I want to. I was able to take these however :)



If you happen to go to Binondo here in the Philippines (and want to have a food trip), then I suggest you stop over at Awi's Cafe and Restaurant. The food we tried were absolutely delicious! Go and order the tempura with mangoes. Oh oh! and the Salt and Pepper Tofu. *drools*





(Manila Bay below)



Before coming home that night, we went to my favorite cafe: The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Matcha Green Tea (Soy milk option) hands down is my drink. I tried the Chicago cheese cake. It was delicious, but I still love their blueberry cheesecake more.






Wishing all of you a prosperous new year! Kung Hei Fat Choy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing! I wish I could be there to experience the celebration with you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete