Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Time

It is cliche, but please allow me to say it. Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, heck, it even has spins. I would have said that it is also like a Ferris Wheel, but I realized life does not run slow. It is swift, so we are always told we should make the most of it before the ride ends.

Mitch Albom wrote in his book, The Time Keeper,
“Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. an alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out.” 

Honestly, I don't fear time running out. I fear not being able to do enough to live my life to the fullest before time runs out. Lately, I have been trying to balance out my personal life and my career. I take pride in the work I do, and at the same time have a happy fulfilling life. I want to find myself spending quality time with family and friends, encountering a possible significant other, and doing the things I love; singing, reading, writing, taking photos, traveling, going on random road trips, and all that there is in my seemingly unending list of things I love doing and would love to do.

I recently met an amazing person. I guess I could only hope to be like a female version of him somehow. Just when I was starting to feel like I have become alone in my own little world of realism mixed with a tad bit more idealism and fantasy, I found someone who completely understands me. Once again, I realized I love the way I am, and that fitting in with most of the crowd is quite boring. I feel I was not meant to blend with the background.
I feel a lot better now. In fact, I feel so much better that I have started writing again, and singing feels, well, less superficial. I found meaning to lyrics once more. Thus, I can conclude with much confidence that I am once again, inspired.

Maybe, my roller coaster is in the "climbing up" stage right now. I could only hope it never goes down again, or if that is inevitable, I wish it would do so as slowly as possible.

In line with that though, I'm going to try even harder to make the most of my life. I have been receiving plenty of blessings. I feel I should and MUST pay it forward.

I'm measuring time not by numbers, but by the things I do while I still have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment