Thursday, June 12, 2014

11 Things about Me (Liebster Blog Award)

I just received a message from a sweet and lovely blogger BumbleBri of Live.Laugh.Love.Create about the Liebster award. I think it's so sweet of her to nominate me. I'm humbled. I think my blog isn't anywhere near as great as hers.

As a reply for her, here you'll find 11 things about me and my answers to her 11 questions. :)


11 Things about me:

1. My full name is Ria Janine Ramos. Friends/Colleagues call me Ria. Family members call me Janine.
2. I am an art lover, but I graduated from the University of the Philippines with a bachelor's degree in Food Technology.
3. I work now in a laboratory as a Quality Assurance Analyst focusing primarily on microbiological analyses.
4. I am a total weirdo/dork, but you'd only get to see that if we're very close.
5. I am only 5 feet tall and let me tell you, being petite doesn't limit someone. You have to know you are beyond beautiful and you can look like a model still. Stand proud and be confident.
6. I have a pet dog. A Japanese Spitz named Jolo. He thinks I'm a younger puppy and bites me. HAHA
7. I love music. I used to play the clarinet. I now play the guitar, and I have been practicing and studying the piano and violin. I also love to sing. I sing A LOT.
8. Most of my clothes are either hand me downs from my mom or bought from thrift shops/random brand stores. If I happen to wear Zara, H&M, etc., you gotta know the items were given to me as gifts.
9. I have this dream of being able to help other people, especially children. I am still figuring out a way to be able to help more people. I am preparing and planning to sponsor a child by giving 600 pesos every month to provide him, families, and his community with nutritious food, clean water, education, health care, livelihood opportunities, and more. World Vision can make that happen. If you want to help too, that would be amazing. Here is the link: http://www.worldvision.org.ph/sponsor-child/#
10. I would love to settle in Verona someday.
11. Like almost everyone else, I want to travel the world. I would want to blog about every country I go to; their culture, the people, the food, everything.


Answers to BumbleBri's 11 Questions:

1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
- I decided to start a blog when I gained interest in sharing my personal style. I used to only share about how I dress up, but later realized it's something I can't do. haha. I find it hard talking about fashion. So, I thought about it and ended up sharing my interests and insights along with my photography. I felt more comfortable and it felt natural doing so.

2. What motivates you to keep sharing on your blog?
- It has never been about gaining thousands of followers for me. I use my blog as my open diary. It's my outlet. I blog when I am happy, when I am broken, when I am excited, when I am depressed...whenever I feel the need to pour my heart out even.

3. If you could live anywhere in the world, which country would you pick?
- Like I said earlier, I would looooove to live in Verona. If not there, maybe France? I feel I would be really happy living in these places.

4. Is there a project or a skill you wish you could learn to do?
- I want to be able to fly planes like my father. However, I think I would be too chicken to fly a plane. haha

5. What is your biggest regret?
- This question is a hard one. It took me some time to find an answer. Honestly, I don't have any regrets. I have learned to not regret anything I do and not do in my life. Life is too short to dwell on things that did and did not happen, because of choices you have made.

6. Where do you find inspiration to do your work?
- Thinking about my future inspires and motivates me.

7. What do you do when you don't feel like being creative?
- I  eat and sleep. haha. I don't force it. For me, creativity comes to me when it wants to come to me. I think my work isn't that good whenever I try forcing it.

8. What is your favorite song or movie right now?
- My favorite song is Vincent.

9. How do you relax?
- I keep myself alone in my room and listen to Zee Avi or Norah Jones music.

10. What are you most proud of in your life?
- I am proud that I grew up to be a woman with principles and substance.

11. What project do you have coming up next?
- A cover of Ed Sheeran's Lego House and One Republic's Counting Stars.







Bag - ZARA
Shoes - Zanea
Blazer - Maldita
Skirt - H&M
Cropped Top - Mint
Watch - Dad's



xo Janine

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I SO loved reading all of this! You are so grounded and thoughtful! Thanks for participating :-) It's nice to get to know someone a bit better!

    ReplyDelete