Saturday, April 4, 2015

Blue Spotted Tail

I fell in love with a song just recently. I have always been a lover of poetry, and this song is very much like an amazing piece of poetry to me. It is Blue Spotted Tail by Fleet Foxes. If you have not heard of the song yet, I have made a cover of it to give you and idea. *wink




The lyrics are quite short and simple, yet it renders a huge impact on me. I find beauty in its simplicity. Some may say that the song is sad, but I do not think it is so. It does make you ponder on a lot of things about life and meaning. I say, it is a meaningful song that, ironically, questions if life and everything we do is meaningless. "Why is life made only for to end? Why do I do all this waiting then? Why this frightened part of me that's fated to pretend?.." I believe there are questions that are meant to be left unanswered. The questions in this song are just a few. But, if I have to answer whether or not everything we do in life is meaningless, I would say, it could be both. The beauty of being human is that we are all given the right to choose whatever we want to believe. If you believe that living our lives is meaningless, or if you believe every little thing you do is meaningful, then so be it. Because, honestly, we do not know who and what is true. I do, however, believe that everything I do in my life is and should be meaningful. I could be a mere speck in the vastness of the universe, but I'd like to believe that every move I make has an effect, even if it's not significantly great, on everything from the time I made my choices. Having said that, we have that choice to make our lives and everything we do, meaningful.











P.S. on personal style notes: I love leather paired with tartan. Don't you? ;)
Everything is thrifted, except for my shoes (Keds) and my cube earrings (Aldo).

No comments:

Post a Comment