Saturday, December 26, 2015

Having a Merry Little Christmas

"One fine day, it'll be your turn. You will leave homes, cities, and countries to pursue grander ambitions. You will leave friends, lovers, and possibilities for the chance to roam the world and make deeper connections. You will defy your fear of change, hold your head high, and do what you once thought was unthinkable: walk away. And it will be scary at first. But, what I hope you'll find in the end is that in leaving, you don't just find love, adventure, or freedom. More than anything, you find you."


These words are not mine, I just found them on social media without proper credit. If any of you know who said these words, kindly inform me, for I have been inspired by that someone.

2015 is almost over. I'm getting older. Next year, I'm about to take a huge leap of faith. Next year, I'm finally going to focus on my passions and pursue my ambitions. I want to grow old without regrets of not knowing what could have been. It's going to take a lot of courage and hard work, but I know that I can do it. Hopefully, someday I can inspire other people too.
 








*I spent a different kind of Christmas this year. I spent it with men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives for their country. Men and women whose definition of "Merry" Christmas is knowing that their families and other Filipino families are safe in their homes this Christmas and enjoying great food and beautiful Christmas carols. This is the most humble noche buena I've ever had. After a quick feast, back to work.

Did you have a well spent Christmas too? :)



*To end my quick post, I'm leaving you with my cover of "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas". I love Christmas songs, but who doesn't right? *wink



xo ~ Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment